2007年5月15日火曜日

Review of the communicative activities

Today, I am going to review two of the "typical Japanese junior high school"communicative activities presented in ETM 3. The activities I am going to revieware Information Gap and Using movement. You can view them here.
I want to improve these two communicative activities.
First, in Information Gap, I have a idea.
I think that junior high school students can't understand well when they study fictitious content. So, I want teach real things to students. Real things mean event that was happened on students just like ‘what were you doing at 7:00?’ For example, first,students make pairs. And, students ask their friends questions each other. And they answer the questions. Lastly, they write things that they can hear.

Next, I have a idea in using movement. I think that if I divide the class into two groups, some students may not be able to understand the content. What's more, the teacher may not notice this. So, I thought another way. First, teacher say ‘please open the window.’to a student. Students open the window. Next, the students say something just like ‘please close the window.’to another student. Like this, all students can move like chain reaction. If there are students who can't understand the content, teacher can notice it, and can teach again!

10 件のコメント:

Misato さんのコメント...

Emiko!!
I agree with your idea!
Especcially I think chain reaction activity is good.
Students will join in class with fun!

Naojin さんのコメント...

Hello,Emiko. This is naojin.
I think your idea asking question about real student's life and using chain reaction are useful and interesting. Students can enjoy and study English through these activities.Good job!!

kiki さんのコメント...

Hi Emiko.
I think you get junior high school student's characteristic well. Chain reaction activity is good becouse many students can join.

hikkun さんのコメント...

Your use movement activity will exciting students. Half of them do not know what thay are asked, so these questions thrills them. I want to take your plam.

micchan さんのコメント...

Hi, Emiko!!
Your idea is so creative and students must be excited your class.
I was stimulated to you.
Thank you so much!

JH さんのコメント...

Would you like to try your second activity in class?

mayuchan さんのコメント...

Hi,Emiko! Thank you for your exciting class. The class was a lot of fun, and every students can join. It is important for students to enjoy studying, and your lesson can it!

Keichan さんのコメント...

Emiko,
Thank you for your good presentation. The activities you offered were interesting. And they would attract students' attention. But I think it takes a long time to pass orders to every student. What do you think about it?

Keichan さんのコメント...
このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。
匿名 さんのコメント...

Your movement activity was very exciting.I think students can enjoy and study through your class.