2007年6月25日月曜日

How to be a successful English teacher at junior high school

I took a Mr.Maruhashi's course last week. I could learn many important things from his speech. Especially, the following 2 points were impressive for me.

1. Mr.Maruhashi said, ‘teacher's job is changing students’. That is say, it is meaninless, if teacher can't change students within the class, for 50 minutes. I think that teacher must give good class to students. When teacher think things, they always should be student's shoes. For example, when teacher teach English to students, teacher must not teach argumentative English. When teacher teach grammar, teacher should make rules freely . Then students can understand it easily.
Mr.Maruhashi taught us one grammar rule to teach easily. He said, when teacher teach interrogative (Do you~? or Does he~?) , techer can explain that verb always have do or does, so when we make interrogative, hidden do or does appear. If teacher teach this grammar without rules, students are in trouble. I think that everything is not always logical!

2. Teacher must contrive class. For example, teacher can write words on the blackboard and paper. Students can understand English easily, if teacher use visual aid. And most important thing is giving the class pleasantly. When I was a junior high school student, my English teacher's class was very interesting! Moreover, her teaching was very easy to understand. My English teacher used blackboard and paper properly. For example, she used paper when she taught important parts.

I think teaching English to junior high school students is very difficult. But I want to be a successful English teacher just like my English teacher. So, I have to study how to teach English hard. Mr. Maruhashi's speech benefited me!

1 件のコメント:

JH さんのコメント...

Hi Emiko,
I am glad to hear that you benefitted from Mr. Maruhashi's speech.
When you said your teacher used "paper" well, what exactly did you mean?
JH